Thursday 5 August 2010

A little longing and a set of pin curls.

This morning I put my hair in a set of pin curls in preparation for a trip to London with my lovely friend, and as the name suggests pins are required, yet they are either disappearing one by one, or I am growing more and more hair. When I first tried pincurls, I had enough pins, but each time I redo them, I have to dig out more pins from my sister's room or my bottom drawer, however diligently I put them back after use. Today, I even broke off the jewel on one pin, cutting my thumb in the process. I hope all those pins are happy in pin heaven, or wherever they do disappear to.

I also watched Pride and Prejudice today, having recently read the novel, and I am now even more forlorn in my lack of a Mr Darcy. Maybe that is the reason I do not watch films as often as others; they often have ridiculous and unrealistic happy endings. Now, I am by no means a miser, but for example, two parents on the brink of divorce, are brought back together by a runaway child, whilst the boy's siblings all spout loving words about how they'd never be the same without him; thank you very much "Cheaper by the Dozen" for sickening me just a little. Perhaps I am just a cynic.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment