Saturday 7 August 2010

A bumper edition: now with pictures.

Now, the more observant of you will have noticed yesterday I didn't blog, which was a tad out of the ordinary for me but I was saving all my friday information, for an extraordinary double blog today, because I went on a jolly to London town with my dear friend, Keira. (http://thisiswayboring.blogspot.com/)

Well for the very few of you who care, Friday involved a nice trip to the library where I finally replaced my three books from the first blog post for another three; Emma, by Jane Austen; As Time Goes By, by Annie Groves; The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde. I've not begun them yet so their review will be in couple of weeks time.

Today also brings another new item to my blog: the use of photographs! Admittedly, they were taken on my phone, because horrifically, it actually photographs better than the camera I do have. Now, myself and Keira started the day being far too excitable in Baker Street Station because of the Sherlock Holmes tiles.

We then continued our journey to Madame Tussauds where we mixed with the stars, especially the now-named King of Swindon, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, David Cameron and Sherlock Holmes, well Robert Downey Jr.

We then lunched, in Regent's Park, al fresco where we were harassed by Barry the Squirrel who was extremely tame, and jumped onto our bench next to us in the hope of receiving some Salt and Vinegar sticks. Plus I was pretty amazed by the large number of heron in the city park, especially that I have only seen one or two in our supposed country town.


But, obviously, being the large Holmes fans we are, we couldn't leave before visiting 221B Baker Street, home of the Sherlock Holmes Museum and Shop, cue The Miss Greenhill lecture on all things Sherlock, and several gasps of wonder at all the possible souvenirs. Plus of course a photograph with the real (almost) Sherlock Holmes himself!

We finished the day off with some delectable cakes, from a delightful little corner shop and a visit to Keira's house to view her chickens and Sir Arthur the bunny, and to indulge in a professional game of Jenga!

xxxx

PostScript: I am anticipating tomorrow's final Sherlock episode far too much I may just request the entire Living Room to myself to truly immerse myself in the programme. It's nice to know I'm keeping my slight obsession in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment