Friday 27 August 2010

A contemplative look at college.

Ask any sixteen year old what is occupying their thoughts, and the majority would answer with college. It'll be our first new learning establishment in five very long years, and we shall no longer be the innocent creatures we were either. Instead we shall be filled with preconceptions and stereotypes and despite my head currently being filled with the idyllic image of making new friends no matter who they are, I shall shy away from the stereotypes I think of as threats. That is why I shall have to make a conscious effort to talk to everyone on my induction day coming up in a week.

College also brings the sudden importance of keeping up appearances, due to the lack of uniform, which means you have to fight for your own style and identity in a sea of similarly aged people. Although I personally feel that myself and my friends shall be alright in this area, but in fact I think it might be the people who follow the trends that will get lost, there is only so many black leggings with gladiator sandals and a long top combos you can see before they all look the same. In my case I try my hardest to keep up with a 40s vibe style look, though inevitably I slip into jeans and a t-shirt every now and then, particularly when all my tights are in the wash!

xxxx

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so fun to read, ulike some peoples who i switch off after reading the first few lines (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete