Saturday 31 July 2010

A very English custom.

Queuing is a custom us English are renowned for, but today I did something very unusual for the average English person. I left a queue, twice. However, let me first explain the circumstances:

Today, my friend and I went to the the Swindon Mela, which was lovely, but twice I got into a queue for a henna design. The first time, we were summoned to go home before I had been patterned upon, and on the return we stood for a while before I decided it wasn't a productive use of my time or money, and instead I sampled some delightful samosas.

Maybe I'll redeem my English qualities with the complaint that the queues weren't very organised, on neither occasion could I tell where the end of the queue was, or where it was going.

English queuing aside, I had a splendid time, and both food and music were amazing, and my friends mother and I had a lovely chat about the beautiful housing in Old Town.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment