Friday 30 July 2010

A mirage of the future.

Today, I have been dreaming about the future, as I presume the vast majority of humanity also does. I, however, been more specifically looking at the frivolous items I wish to own, and not even covetable objects either. For example, one item I was particularly enjoying looking at was tableware and tea services, and selecting the lovely designs I'd like. Yes, I spent today looking at plates and teapots. No, it's not on an average teenagers wishlist. Yet, this teenager was also looking at pastel coloured sewing machines and retro-look biscuit tins, that make a home look oh-so-cosy.

What type of house will these objects reside in? A large, Georgian or Victorian house, on the outskirts of a village. A village where I'll organise street parties, and we shall all share and share alike, allowing neighbours to borrow teabags when they've run out. I shall always be decked out immaculately in my thirties and forties style outfits.

Oh and of course by this time flying pigs will actually be both biologically and physically possible, perhaps even possible because of my scientific research. Unless I marry an Earl, or Duke this future of mine seems most unlikely, no matter how hard I work to get a degree with honours. This is trouble when a realist attempts to dream, they cut the string of their own metaphorical kite.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment