Thursday 7 October 2010

A braggart and an annoucement to underwhelm you all.

However first things first, thanks for everyone who voted in the poll this past week, it was much appreciated, even though I know some of you didn't put what I was hoping to hear, it's kept me very much with my feet on the ground, it's going to be a hard task and it is most definitely not set in stone at all. And just in case you were worried I was getting carried away, I do have a plan B, and its a plan B that I'm totally into too, so I shan't be disappointed.

On with what the title suggests, I have some bragging to do, because my best friend and I, in December, are going to see... Tim Minchin!!! Now for those who don't know Tim is a ginger Australian comedic musical genius, check him out on 8 out of 10 cats tomorrow night on channel 4 or watch some of these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujUQn0HhGEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6raVzrbqrM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNpdG4F9mw

This leads nicely into my big announcement, as it was the recent resurgence of Minchin in my life that has brought this about.

I am an atheist.

Yes, a lot of you probably knew this before I did myself, but I've always been agnostic and a religious apologist, always feeling slightly less deep or intelligent for not being able to find a higher meaning. But no longer, Tim's songs about religion or his lack of it have really shown me myself, while I shan't be trying to convert others to my way of thinking, I think it'll just be purely ridiculous of me to try to pretend I feel any differently.

So this week's poll is just a general poll really based on this post: what are your religious views? It's a personal thing I know, but just to reassure you, even I honestly don't know who votes for what so, it's all totally anonymous.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment